Quik-Drive Auto-feed Screw Driving System
The SSDTH Weatherboard Screw is designed for weatherboard applications with stronger fixing power and faster installation. The weatherboard screw features self-drilling tips, box threads and a proprietary trim-head profile. All screws in the range are driven using a #2 square driver bit and are collated for use with our Quik-Drive auto-feed screwdriving system.
- No pre-drilling required.
- Consistent countersink means no punching required.
- Trim head for clean and less noticeable finish.
- Unique "box" thread design with raised-ridge technology greatly reduces driving torque.
- Easy to reverse out means no broken boards if you need to remove the fastener.
- BRANZ Appraised for performance you can trust.
- Suitable for NZS 3604 extra high wind zones.
||roll over images below to see larger image
- Simpson Strong-Tie Weatherboard Screws shall be installed into the weatherboards using the Simpson Strong-Tie Quik-Drive auto-feed screwdriving system.
- The Weatherboard Screws feature self-drilling tips, box threads and a trim-head profile which facilitate the screws being installed into weatherboards without the need for pre-drilling in most instances.
- Once you’ve got your boards tacked in place mark out your stud line and fixing height, or if your height is the standard 42mm from the bottom of the board, attach an accessory clip at the bottom of board and it’ll set it for you.
- All screws shall be overdriven to countersink the screw heads into the weatherboards sufficiently to allow for overfilling with exterior grade wood filler. Check with the board manufacturers specs, for most it’s around 3mm.
Bit(s) included with every box of screws under the back lid
Note: For applications in corrosive areas, 316 grade of stainless steel screws are available. Please check with Simpson Strong-Tie office.
BRANZ Appraisal No. 1044
Simpson Strong-Tie Weatherboard Screws have been appraised by BRANZ for use as weatherboard fixings on timber framed buildings, where the weatherboards meet the following specification:
- Weatherboards shall be manufactured from Radiata Pine – preservative treated in accordance with NZS 3602; and
- Weatherboard profiles shall be in accordance with E2/AS1 paragraph 184.108.40.206 (compliant with NZS 3617 or BRANZ Bulletin 411), which includes the following board profiles:
- Bevel back (rebated and plain)
- Board and batten
- Weatherboards shall be installed over a 20mm drained and vented cavity or directly fixed to the wall framing (as determined by E2/AS1 risk matrix score or wind zone), complyinhg with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1
- Suited in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Extra High
- 305 grade of stainless steel2
- See BRANZ Appraisal No. 1044 for further information.
- 316 Stainless Steel screws are available for highly-corrosive
applications and detailed in BRANZ Appraisal No. 1044.