S/LBV / S/B and S/BA Hangers
S/BA is the new Simpson Strong-Tie® top-flange hanger for cold-formed steel. The S/BA is a cost-effective alternative to heavier, special-order hangers. It is value engineered and tested to achieve higher allowable loads and increased performance. It may be fastened with screws or powder-actuated fasteners or welded to the header, providing more design options and greater versatility.
S/LBV and S/B hangers are manufactured with precision forming and quality control, providing dimensional accuracy and helping to ensure proper bearing area and connection.
- S/LBV, S/BA – 1.78mm; S/B – 2.51mm
- See General Notes.
- S/LBV, S/B, and S/BA may be used for weld-on applications; a minimum of 3mm x 51mm fillet weld on each top flange is required. Distribute the weld equally on both top flanges. Consult the code for special consideration when welding galvanized steel. Uplift loads do not apply.
- S/BA may be installed using powder-actuated fasteners. PDPAT-62KP (4mm x 16mm) powder-actuated fastener shall be installed using the appropriate level of powder load so the entire pointed portion of the fastener penetrates through the steel. A powder-actuated fastener with a "tophat" crush sleeve is recommended in case the head of the fastener is not fully flush with the connector.
- Installation of powder-actuated fasteners may vary due to, but not limited to, the type of powder-actuated tool, cleanliness of tool, type of powder load and steel.
- S/LBV and S/B series can be skewed to a maximum of 45 degrees.
||roll over images below to see larger image
- Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to hanger.
- Cold-formed steel / steel-beam header must be braced to prevent buckling per Designer specification.
- Powder-actuated fasteners may be installed in up to 10mm steel headers having a minimum Fy=248MPa.
- Load is based on using the Simpson Strong-Tie® PDPAT-62KP powder-actuated fastener and a minimum Red (level 5) powder load.
- Tabulated loads are based on testing with full bearing of 64mm flange-depth minimum thickness of 1.55mm joists for S/LBV and S/BA hangers and 1.95mm joists for S/B hangers.