S/JCT & S/HJCT Steel Joist Hangers
New, improved, higher load-capacity joist hangers. Additional fasteners in the new S/JCT and the increased thickness of the S/HJCT increase the allowable load capacity for use with C-Joists. Joist can be attached from either side or doubled up. This hanger can be used with either steel or wood headers.
- S/JCT- 1.74mm; S/HJCT- 2.48mm
- Attach hanger with specified fasteners. Use round holes for minimum load, use round and triangle holes for maximum load. See General Notes.
- May be used for weld-on applications. The minimum required weld to the top flange is 3.2mm x 63.5mm fillet weld to each side of top flange. Consult the code for special considerations when welding galvanized steel.
- Uni-directional: Joist can be attached from left or right
- One size fits joists 203mm through 356mm deep.
- Optional holes for additional load capacity.
- Simplicity of design.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Field skewable up to 45° left or right.
||roll over images below to see larger image
- Loads are based on attachment to a minimum 1.15mm steel thickness.
- Load at 3.2mm deflection for serviceability is 26.8 kN.
- Load at 3.2mm deflection for serviceability is 14.4 kN.
- Steel header must be braced to prevent web buckling per Designer specification.
- Steel joist shall be laterally braced per Designer specification.
- Screws shall be installed using joist hanger holes screwing through the hanger into the joist.
- Backing in the steel beam cavity is not required behind the hanger for loads listed.
- For joists with a 13mm gap (short cut) use an adjustment factor of 0.87.
- For joists with a 13mm to 30mm gap (short cut) use an adjustment factor of 0.75.